Tuesday, September 22, 2015

Dreaming

This spring, I started my last quarter of college and started thinking about the reality of becoming an adult. Ok, I stared thinking about it before that. But this spring it started to get real. I was going to graduate from college, and I needed to figure out what to do with my life.

It might seem simple; I had a nursing degree, so I should get a job as a nurse, right? But I guess I like to keep things more interesting than that, so that was just one option. Basically, I was considering getting a job, or going overseas, or applying to graduate school, or some combination of those. Eventually, I decided to send an email to the missionaries at Bere Adventist Hospital in Chad. To my great surprise, I got a reply within a day. From the very start, it seemed like it was meant to be. Everything flowed so smoothly, I couldn't believe it. There were a few delays throughout the course of the summer, but that was mostly my fault. And not only did everything go incredibly smoothly, the more I learned about Bere, the more I wanted to go there. Basically, it was my dream destination. 

Up until the very moment that I learned I wasn't going to Chad, I was confident that this was the place, and that God was leading me there. From here it gets complicated; and that's fine. I have a lot to learn about life as yet, but one thing that I have learned is that life is often complicated and seldom makes sense. I like to think that just keeps things more interesting. But interesting or not, going to Chad was a dream. Pretty much my favorite dream. So that means....pick a new favorite dream! 

I don't know the details yet, but I'm working on building a new favorite dream. I more or less have a location chosen, and I hope to have that confirmed in the near future. In the meantime, you can find me reading, studying a bit of French, playing with kittens, making pear tarts.... Oh, and dreaming.

1 comment:

  1. Love it..."a new favorite dream". This will be my mantra for the day!

    ReplyDelete